Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cheakamus Crossing

After a week at home, I found it hard to come back to Whistler. I came back knowing that it would be weeks before I could come home. Obviously, I would miss New Years day with Laura and that is something that I haven't done in about 29 years. There are other people here that haven't missed a New Years day with their spouses for 35 years! We all made the calls home at 9 pm local time (some of us making video calls over the internet) but it just wasn't the same. We tried to go out for New Years but either the bars were full or the cover charge was ridiculous! There was even a cover charge to get into the walking Village (because they had bands playing on the streets). After a few hours of walking around in the wet snow we just barely made it back to the "Love Lounge" (our Bell common room) for the stroke of midnight! I really felt left out of the partying at home in Ontario.

So we're back at work at our Athlete's village. At this point we have about seventeen days to complete all our work! I'm not sure if my attitude is "half full" or "half empty" when I say we only have a little more that two weeks until the security check must be performed. I do feel a little more confident now talking about our venue since our work site has been posted on the web by real estate agents. I was going to add some photos of our venue from my own camera but you can peruse the pictures provided from this website; www.cheakamuscrossing.ca You can get a scope of what we're up against when you see the aerial photo of our venue! In case you're interested, my copy of "Whistler the magazine" advertizes lots at $510,000.00 and three bedroom townhomes from $787,000.00. Let me just get my bill fold out!

I meant to include video taken (by head camera) of a few of my favorite runs (Hugh's heaven from Seventh Heaven lift and Springboard from Solar Coaster lift). We are having difficulty trying to point the camera in the correct direction while I ski. My first run showed a lot of sky and my subsequent attempts showed snow moving quickly below me with a couple of cameos from my ski tips. I guess I'll just have to keep skiing until I get the camera pointed correctly!

1 comment: