Friday, November 27, 2009

Noah!? Yes, Lord! (Bill Cosby routine)


I'm just home in Ajax for the weekend and I have had time to think about my first leg in Whistler. I love it out there except things are lonely without my family and everything seems to be "drippy!" My training week in Vancouver was the worst because of the rain and because my Bell family was not around either! It seems that if it's not actually raining on you, you're dodging drips of water from melting snow on the roof. Cold water dripping down the back of my neck is beginning to feel like home. From the time I arrived in Vancouver until the day before I left, you could measure the amount of sunshine in hours! I was seriously considering having to double or triple my vitamin D dosage. I was going to post pictures of some of the artwork at the Athlete's village on this blog. I changed my mind when I found the brilliant sky and the absolutely stunning vistas on my trip to the Vancouver airport. That day was filled with sunshine from just after the time I got up until the time I caught my flight.

I posted a picture of a scenic view just outside of Squamish on my last post. At the time, I just did it to show that only 30 minutes away in Whistler, we had about a foot of snow on the ground. In full sunshine that same picture is stunning. They say that the trip to Vancouver from Whistler is much better than the other way around. Despite having to endure twenty days of rainy weather, I felt lucky to have experienced that glorious trip to the Vancouver airport in full sunshine.
Maybe the point of all that rain was to set me up for that trip back home on the Sea to Sky highway (which might be called Snow to Ice highway for the Olympics).

Twenty days and nights of rain (or snow). That's half the rain that Noah got! I was waiting on the call and considering the expense of a 60 x 30 cubit yacht. I'm just not sure what a cubit is and how much wood that would entail!

No comments:

Post a Comment