Friday, February 12, 2010

Ceremony Parade

A terrible accident happened today involving the Georgian competitor, Nodar Kumaritashvili, at the finish line of the Sliding Centre. I had taken a few pictures near that spot with Joe and Mike a few days ago. My new camera takes four pictures every second. The slider was in only two of them. It just illustrates how fast the slider was going. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

There was alot of pageantry today as the athletes dressed in their parade uniforms gathered together and made their way to the buses under the direction of Christian. It made me smile (and proud) to see our beloved "smurfs" line the pathway that the athletes used to get to the buses which took them down to Vancouver. They clapped and cheered as each country, big or small walked past. It looked impromptu, so I hope it's something the athletes remember. I know I will.

I still can't talk about the Opening Ceremonies, but nobody said that I couldn't post some pictures of the uniforms the athletes wear to them!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you all enjoyed the Opening Ceremonies. In between the CTV coverage, we were lucky enough to get the feed directly from BC Place. There was more show during the commercials but it was more of the same thing that was happening before the cut. The opening stunt was messed up tonight because the skier delayed his take-off. It was out of sync a little and the televised version couldn't capture the distance the boarder jumped down onto the platform. One boarder had already been replaced because he had broken a bone. All in all, I really enjoyed it and I found it extremely difficult not to let the cat out of the bag.

    ReplyDelete